Saturday 1 June 2013

Shrink plastic ATC

One of my regular monthly swap ATCs - April's theme was 'shrink plastic'.

The background was interesting - it's a Gelli print.I brayered Jacquard Lumiere paint onto the Gelli plate, and it behaved in interesting ways - it beaded up. So I took a print using some paper which had I'd already printed with light coloured paint. I love the effect, and added to it by stamping with turquoise Stazon.

I added a little washi tape around the bottom of the ATC then set about making my shrink plastic embellishments. I coloured translucent shrink plastic by very lightly touching it with inkpads in pale colours, then stamped it with my favourite butterfly stamp (which is too big for most things). Once shrunk, I edged the butterfly with turquoise Stazon, and added a 'body' using some gold 3d paint.

Finished with a silk flower held on by a brad and mounted on a turquoise background, and it's done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Guestbook

Copyright

Please note that I assert myself as the creator of all art on this site (unless I credit another artist) and retain copyright of all artwork posted on this site