Tuesday 30 October 2012

Alphabetica S


I thought I'd do another fabric alphabetica postcard, so this one (S) is Slashed, Silk, Stitch, Sample.

The front is very simply done, I sewed a layer of blue silk onto some orange silk, sewing from the edge of the piece to the centre in an oblong spiral. I took some sharp scissors and cut the fabric between the stitching, then wrote the words on a small piece of vilene and sewed that on.


For the stitched sample, I just sewed straight lines of embroidery stitches onto the silk, which was layered onto pelmet vilene, and sewed another vilene 'label' on.  Finally I sewed the slashed silk to the stitch sample and posted it to a friend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Guestbook

Copyright

Please note that I assert myself as the creator of all art on this site (unless I credit another artist) and retain copyright of all artwork posted on this site