Saturday 1 September 2007

Metal ATCs


More ATCs for a swap - I am on a metal kick
at the moment - these are done with sticky backed
metal repair tape (bought in the hardware or DIY store).

As the tape isn't wide enough to cover an ATC,
I cut the tape up into small pieces and stick them
down on the cardstock, then go round the edges
making dents with an embossing tool.

A quick dab with alcohol inks,
and voila! a lovely background

I've done this before for altered book pages,
but today I had one of those 'light bulb' moments!

Why not stamp on the metal tape?
I found that Stazon worked well,
then I stuck my stamped images
onto some cardstock, cut them out
and mounted them onto the ATCs

Because the metal is very thin,
it is easy to make marks on,
so if you need letters or words,
just draw them onto the tape,
cut them out, and stick them down!


7 comments:

  1. Wow - I love these. Great idea
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luvverly...must get the tape out again.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful, colors are great.

    Cory

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colour on these atcs are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm about to teach a workshop on ATCs and we're using the tape. These are wonderful.

    Cheers,
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome! Me too, I'll have to get the tape out again.

    Also, for more depth, I'm thinking you could cover craft foam with the small pieces. This would give a bit of depth and some cushion to do embossed type letters. Make sense?

    Dianne

    ReplyDelete

Guestbook

Copyright

Please note that I assert myself as the creator of all art on this site (unless I credit another artist) and retain copyright of all artwork posted on this site